Receiving an autism diagnosis for a loved one can be extremely overwhelming and confusing. Autism Speaks has put together a comprehensive tool kit that is available for free to families of young children ages 4 and under. The tool kit’s intent is for families to make the best possible use of the 100 days following a child’s diagnosis of autism.
Sections of the tool kit include:
- About Autism, Diagnosis, Causes and Symptoms
- You, Your Family and Autism
- Getting Your Child Services
- How is Autism Treated?
- Making It Happen
- 10 Things Your Child with Autism Wishes You Knew
- A Week by Week Plan for the Next 100 Days
- Useful Forms
- Glossary and Resources
Anyone can download the 100 Day Kit for free!Click here to download the entire kit. Families whose children have been diagnosed in the last 6 months may request a complimentary hard copy of the 100 Day Kit by calling 888-AUTISM2 (888-288-4762) and speaking with an Autism Response Team Coordinator.